Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Laptop battery repair, help

"Mark" wrote in message
My laptop battery died suddenly, so I measured the voltage which was zero,
Curious, nothing to lose I took the case apart and found the black
component
arrowed
http://i29.tinypic.com/j9acrd.jpg
open circuit it is the main connection between battery pack and circuit
board, Battery measures full voltage before this device.
I assume this is a thermal/current breaker
So anyone know were I could find a replacement, or even exactly what this
component is.
If I can't find the correct replacement part I am considering replacing
with
some sort of a wired fuse any thoughts on this welcome, battery is
10v-4500mAh.
if anyone knows of a better newsgroup to ask about this, that would also
be
helpful.
Thanks
Mark

Looks like http://www.sensata.com/products/controls/battery-mm.htm

however it says auto reset.. could still be faulty though.