Posted to alt.home.repair

Default northern california skilled labor rates

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

here. Labor rates vary all over the board in any locale, and there are
*far* more important considerations than dollars per hour when hiring a
contractor. Furthermore, if he's worried about "sticker shock" it's a
clear indication that he's begun a project about which he's done
abysmally little research or planning. Also, he evidently has no frame
of reference from which to evaluate a bid that he might receive.

In addition, labor rates don't tell the whole picture. Right now I have to
electricians (both are independent) and one charges $45/hour the other is
$65. Which is the cheapest to use? The $65 guy that does almost double the
work of the second

I also have two carpenters working at $45, a bargain for what they do.

Rates can vary but don't expect less than $45 and some trades can hit $100..

Then there are the tile & carpet guys. They did four days work in only
three weeks. They are not getting paid by the hour but I just want them to
get done and get out.