Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default bandwidth

cavelamb himself wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Maxwell Lol wrote:

Rex writes:

Well, between Cliff and TMT, the signal/noise ratio here has exceeded
the value of the sparse metalworking content provided. My newsreader
doesn't have decent filtering and I'm loathe to add another add-on to
the overhead.

Thunderbird is a mail program, and not really a news reader.
Using a real news reader isn't an "add-on". It's a replacement.

Killfiles can be fast and painless.

I like the newsreader in Netscape 4.78. I've used it since it first
came out.

I used that one for years. Still do on my '98 laptop.

But 7.2 is worth the effort for an upgrade.

I have my archive of old posts and couldn't get them to work properly
with 7.2. I have moved the original instal from computer to computer,
along with the archives by installing the 4.78, then overwriting the
folder with the data from the older computer. I's made it through at
least six computers that way, starting with my first win 95 computer.
(150 MHz, 16 MB P1)

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html