Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Heathkit parts

In article ,
D-unit wrote:
You're asking for someone's time. Expend a little of your own...or not.

jak

This is what its like to work a (phone) tech help desk.

Tech: Can I help you?

Caller (mumbling something to someone else...then..) Oh yea... My unit don't work.

Tech: What kind of unit is it?

Caller: I don't know

Tech: Do you have a Model #?

Caller: I knew you were going to ask me that.

Tech: So you don't have it?

Caller: Well, Its on the other side of the room.

Tech: Would you mind going and getting it?

Caller: Well ok.. (takes 5 minutes to come back to the phone)

Then A Few minutes later......

Tech: So what's it doing..or not doing?

Caller: Well, I can't get it to work!!

And it just gets worse from there.

This is my job and I want to strangle some of these idiots.
I really have to restrain myself some days.

My experience is I'd cheerfully strangle most 'help' desks. Many seem to
know far less about the product than I do - so really no point in
contacting them. They seem just to be a way of making money.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.