Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Heathkit parts

Anyone have them ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:44:55 +0000, me wrote:

Anyone have them ?

What do you need? I have a couple of early '70 uP kits.

Al
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"me" wrote in message
Anyone have them ?

Might help to specify what Heathkit parts you're looking for.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:48:56 GMT, James Sweet wrote:
"me" wrote:

Anyone have them ?

Might help to specify what Heathkit parts you're looking for.

Yes. chuckle
Are you looking for a floor model TV cabinet or a 1/4 watt resisitor?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:44:55 GMT, "me" wrote:

Anyone have them ?

I guess you have problems using Google?
Try searching for "Heathkit parts". For example:
http://kcom.us/OldHeathkitParts/
Google also finds lots of other vendors.

Or you could just use a cross reference and get the generic
equivalent:
http://www.d8apro.com/heath1.htm

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3ÔÂ25ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç9ʱ44·Ö, "me" wrote:
Anyone have them ?

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic
manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate
contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry -
Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.

*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, Car DVD /
Audio, and Computer Accessories now by visiting the online wholesale
catalog at seriouswholesale. com You'll have peace of mind thanks to
the seriouswholesale Quality Control, 12-month Warranty on all
products, and easy secure payment by credit card through Paypal.

Selling on eBay or your own online store? Send products direct from
our warehouse to your customers using our unique drop-shipping
service. You can profit by selling hundreds of different products,
without holding any of your own inventory! Any questions you have will
be answered by the seriouswholesale English-speaking customer support
team... Their aim is to make your China electronics importing business
easier to run than ever before.

Welcome to http://www.seriouswholesale.com.

seriouswholesale - Buy from the source, profit without the hassle.

- 12 Months Warranty - No minimum order restrictions - Drop-shipping
with no additional fee - Pay by safely by PayPal seriouswholesale
Wholesale Co., Ltd.: Chinas original and best online electronics
wholesaler & drop-shipper: seriouswholesale. com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Heath Part # 443-601

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

me wrote:
Heath Part # 443-601

Dude...give us some context. First off, if you're asking for help, then
it's assumed you've exhausted all the normal channels. As someone
pointed out, there's hundreds of resources on the web. Have you checked
those?

Second, what the hell is a 443-601, anyway? Believe me when I say that
nobody's gonna dig through manuals and download schematics just to see
if they have the particular piece of gear--among the many thousands of
models Heath produced--which has the particular part you need. They (or
even I) may have it in a piece of salvage gear. I'm not going to spend
hours (or even minutes) to check. Even listing the model number of that
particular piece of gear would increase your chances that someone has
it, and might not need it...context.

Lastly, quoting a bit of the original post helps immensely in following
the context of the thread.

You're asking for someone's time. Expend a little of your own...or not.

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:30:16 +0000, me wrote:

Heath Part # 443-601

Is that a "MK5017AA Mostek Clock Chip w/ Alarm?"

Al

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jakdedert" wrote in message .. .
me wrote:
[...]

This is what its like to work a (phone) tech help desk.

Tech: Can I help you?

Caller (mumbling something to someone else...then..) Oh yea... My unit don't work.

Tech: What kind of unit is it?

Caller: I don't know

Tech: Do you have a Model #?

Caller: I knew you were going to ask me that.

Tech: So you don't have it?

Caller: Well, Its on the other side of the room.

Tech: Would you mind going and getting it?

Caller: Well ok.. (takes 5 minutes to come back to the phone)

Then A Few minutes later......

Tech: So what's it doing..or not doing?

Caller: Well, I can't get it to work!!

And it just gets worse from there.

This is my job and I want to strangle some of these idiots.
I really have to restrain myself some days.

db

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:30:16 GMT, "me" wrote:

Heath Part # 443-601

http://www.d8apro.com/heath3.htm
443-601 MK5017AA Mostek Clock Chip w/ Alarm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MK5017

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
D-unit wrote:
[...]

My experience is I'd cheerfully strangle most 'help' desks. Many seem to
know far less about the product than I do - so really no point in
contacting them. They seem just to be a way of making money.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jakdedert wrote:

me wrote:
[...]

All the Heath 443-* references I have show that group as ICs.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

D-unit wrote:

"jakdedert" wrote in message .. .
me wrote:
[...]

That's still better than the old days in TV service when someone
would walk in the door and demand you sell them a 'nub for my tb'. They
didn't know the model, the brand, the knob they wanted, or even if the
TV was B&W or Color. Like refrigerators are called Frigidaire", all TVs
were RCA. Get to the house and it's a Philco.

If you want to talk about online tech support, I guided a scientist at
Antarctica through a repair of a piece of telemetry equipment over a
satellite internet connect about 10 years ago. Have you ever tried to
explain something to a PHD?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message ...

D-unit wrote:

"jakdedert" wrote in message .. .
me wrote:
[...]

All I ever get is the "nob 4 my tb" types..
How do these people make it though the day????
I can't imagine it being much worse.

db

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

D-unit wrote:

All I ever get is the "nob 4 my tb" types..
How do these people make it though the day????
I can't imagine it being much worse.

You see so many because they breed like rabbits, and only a few can
make it to the Jerry Springer Show.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 05:12:43 -0400, Jimmie D wrote:

"Al" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:44:55 +0000, me wrote:

Anyone have them ?

What do you need? I have a couple of early '70 uP kits.

Al

What kind of uP kits do you have?

Jimmie

I have two versions of the ET6800 Microprocessor Trainer. Both have been
assembled and last time I tried them they worked just fine. I learned all
about uPs back in the early 70's with these kits.

Al