Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default bandwidth

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:15:53 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Rex
quickly quoth:

Well, between Cliff and TMT, the signal/noise ratio here has exceeded
the value of the sparse metalworking content provided. My newsreader
doesn't have decent filtering and I'm loathe to add another add-on to
the overhead.

I don't have time to pick through 800 posts a day to find a few gems, or
an unsuspecting newbie needing some help..
I guess I'll go back to Practical Machinist for a while.

I'm irritated at having to hit the "Ignore" button on 75% of the
posts, too. But it doesn't take long. I download them all (30 seconds
via DSL nowadays) and then kill most of them. What ****es me off are
all the replies to known trollings by (otherwise) intelligent folks.
Amazing! sigh Well, we all have our bears to cross.

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler