Posted to uk.d-i-y
4square 4square is offline

Default Kitchen flooring

Been doing the kitchen over past few months, now on flooring. have
to remove 12-year-old vinolay and Marley-type tiles under that. I
suspect, by the time I have the tiles up, the concrete floor wont
be that smooth. If I decide to put down new vinolay or similar, is
there any sort of base layer I could put down first over the
concrete, to take out the irregularities and perhaps have some
insulation propertiies? I had intended to go for ceramic tiles, but
thought these may be cold, as it is a 1960's non-insulated floor
slab; but with tiles, no problems with small irregularities. (just
getting the bitumen-based adhesive off!)
Any advice much appreciated.