Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default safe to start lawn mower after 7 years?

On Mar 25, 7:27*am, wrote:
I have a Murray lawn mower w/ Briggs and Stratton engine, bought in
'97, used until '01. *In '01 I emptied the gas and ran some gas
stabilizer through, and replaced the oil. *It's been sitting in the
garage ever since. Is it safe to try to start it, if I put in fresh
oil and gas, or is it going to explode or something? *Thanks.

What do you mean , Put some gas stablilser through, if the carb is
completely empty it should be ok. You could remove the spark plug
squirt a few drops of oil in and turn it over a few times. Without the
plug in it. Then just put in new gas and hope for the best, the oil
isnt bad yet but change it after you know it runs and its run a half
day or so.