Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Counter tops what material?

"Bob M." writes:

"S. Barker" wrote in message
My wife is doing research of what is a better choice for a
countertop in our soon to be remodeled kitchen. She can't seem to
come up with unbiased facts on the internet. There is the Corian
camp, the granite camp, and a quartz camp. All seem to think what
they bought, sell, or install is the best. Here are some facts that
should affect our decision.

#1. and probably foremost important. We are not yuppies and will
not buy something just because everyone else is
#2. We ACTUALLY use our kitchen and sometimes in a very haphazard
way. These activities include canning, cookie cutters, vegatable
chopping, cast iron cookware, and an absent minded wife occasionally
setting hot pans on the counter. (she told me to say that)

You can't pour boiling-hot water into a Corian sink. You can if it's a
stainless sink.

Funny, I can.
Have been for years now.

I do run cold water into the sink at the same time.

Another poster said Corian scratches.
I can't imagine what you'd have to do to it to scratch it.

Can't stain it either.

I cracked ours by getting a microwave very hot
with it sitting directly on the counter in a corner.

The lifetime warranty meant free repair.
The repair is invisible.

All and all, I think it's the perfect material.

Someone was recently complaining about a dark color.
Ours is light colored.