Charlie Self

Default Check your woodworking library

Ernie Jurick writes:

Funny you should mention it. I was looking at some woodworking books on
Amazon this morning and was struck by how dated De Cristoforo's work looked
compared with other books, especially those from Taunton Press.

Every book from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s and much of the '90s looks dated by
the new books being issued. New printing technology, etc. DeCristoforo's books
are being re-invented, and are even more worthwhile than ever before...if it's
pretty pitchers what turns ya on, then a lot of the b&w stuff from the previous
century will strike you as worthless.

Layout is better today: blame that on Pagemaker and QuarkXPress. It's one
helluva lot easier to change a layout with either of those programs, even for
the partially ept like me, than it is to go back 10 or 20 pages and make
changes in blues or waxes.

Charlie Self

I think we agree, the past is over.
George W. Bush