Charlie Self

Default Check your woodworking library

spearfox asks:

I became interested in woodworking author R.J. Cristoforo. I noticed that he
has several books over the years covering lots of subjects. Some of the
books are no longer available. My local library does not have any of his
books. I was thinking of asking the local library to purchase some of his
books.

My questions to the group a
Is this author a worthwhile "read"?

Get 'em. Cris was pretty much the dean of DIY writers, until his death a couple
years ago. He was an accomplished woodworker, excellent writer, fine
photographer, and wrote a slew of books and articles over the years.

My main interest were some of his books pertaining to jigs and fixtures, but
while researching his name I found he is involved in tools, toys,
housebuilding and a wide assortment of wood related subjects.

A lot of his books are being updated and upgraded. I've got a couple of his jig
books, as well as a few others, and find them uniformly excellent. If his
subject matter hits an area where you need information, I'd say go for it.

Charlie Self

I think we agree, the past is over.
George W. Bush