Pat Barber

Default Deck Decision Help

Since most PT-SYP has a warranty that exceeds 40 years, I wouldn't
worry about who is gonna outlive the deck.... IPE is probably
going to last 50 years, soooo you will have a deck that outlives
the house...

The other reason is that IPE doesn't come in the larger framing
sizes as a general rule. The structure requires much larger
framing members by most regulations.

Ed G wrote:

Fellas (and ladies where applicable) please excuse my ignorance, but why
would you make the structure of your deck with pressure treated wood and
then use Ipe for the rest of the deck? Wouldn't this mean that in a few
years, you'll have to remove the deck to replace the pressure-treated
structure? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'd like to know before I
re-do my deck next year. Thanks in advance.