Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Questioning faucet install charges

Molly Brown wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:43 pm, "Zyp" wrote:

Quite frankly what you folks *should* complain about are the high costs
associated with oil production executives. Why or how would anyone in a
years' time be worth millions of dollars is beyond me. ...

Well, considering they're operating corporations larger than most
countries' GNP's, the amount of their compensation is actually pretty
miniscule in comparison. And, at that level, there's quite a lot of
competition as well.

Michael J used to pull down $40M in just endorsements, outside his NBA
salary. Those hiring him certainly thought they were getting their
money's worth. Tiger may win $2M or more for a week on the golf course
and I've not even looked at his endorsements. There are lots of reasons
for folks making the salaries they do; most having to do w/ the
perceived value provided by those who set those salaries.

A few abuses don't negate the generality.

That's exactly why I don't own any stocks.

And that's a _VERY_ shortsighted (and self-defeating) viewpoint to take
as it is in all likelihood limiting your ability to realize growth
potential.

...As for using gasoline, I
wouldn't even go out if I didn't have to go to work.

You participating in a 401K plan there? If not (unless one isn't
available), you're missing out. If so, unless you're completely into a
money market or bond portfolio (which is undoubtedly not a wise
position, either) you more than likely have mutual funds which in all
likelihood own oil stocks as well as many others.