Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Power tool specs

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall
saying something like:

Therefore of course a Makita 14.4v product will outperform a generic
18v product.

I have a 7.2V Makita cordless drill that was given to me about 15 years
ago as a pressie. I never used it, thinking it was a bit of a toy and it
got shoved in a cupboard and forgotten about until last year.
It's actually an impressive little tool, the gearing makes the bugger
capable of doing all of the work I ask it to and the build quality is
beyond reproach. I bought a couple of modern NiMH batteries for it and a
proper intelligent Makita charger to keep it company. In fact, I was so
impressed with it I bought another hardly-used one via the Bay for the
grand price of £0.99. Now, armed with my two old Makitas, I can drill
and screw all day long and the cost has been negligable.

Quality counts, in the end. When (if) they finally die, I'll be looking
for replacements in the 14.4V Makita range as they are now dirt cheap
used.
--

Dave