Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Questioning faucet install charges

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:05:10 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I'd like to see you do the faucet at my MIL's previous house in an hour.

Just changed one today on my mop sink. Went to one with the pull out handle
faucet. Had all kinds of problems. Took me a WHOLE hour. Sheesh.

These things aren't rocket surgery. I know you can run into problems, but
they are basically simple.

Steve

Steve, that is the dumbest conclusion I've seen in a while. Do you
know the situation with the sink I'm talking about? The plumbing
leading up to it? The frozen open shut off valves? The fact that the
main shutoff does not? It is not that simple.

You don't know the situation of her house. You don't know the
situation of the house the OP was speaking of. Just because you did
yours in an hour, that does not mean every faucet in the world can be
done in that time. I've done my share of older work and it can be
troublesome at times.