Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Questioning faucet install charges

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"SteveB" wrote in message

If the labor was $336, yes it sure seems high.

Seems high? That's forcible rape. I can do one of those in an hour if
the old one is hard to take off. And another hour for the shut off valve
even if I have to sweat it on. I'd say $166 an hour is high. I only
charge $80 for what I do.

Steve

What we do not know is if the plumber had run into other problems and how
long the job took. Yes, in most cases it is a couple of hours work, but
there may be circumstances we don't know about. I'll reserve judgment
until I do.

I'd like to see you do the faucet at my MIL's previous house in an hour.

Just changed one today on my mop sink. Went to one with the pull out handle
faucet. Had all kinds of problems. Took me a WHOLE hour. Sheesh.

These things aren't rocket surgery. I know you can run into problems, but
they are basically simple.

Steve