Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Epoxy

Esther & Fester Bestertester wrote:

The other thing to consider is the mass of the sensor, the flexibility
of the adhesive and the resulting natural frequency of the sensor
assembly. A massive sensor and/or flexible coupling will result in a
lower frequency and result in attenuation of signals above that point.

The "flexible coupling" provided by the epoxies I've tried is causing issues.

Can you quantify thos issues?

It's been suggested that I try silver-filled epoxy and potting compound.
Dental cement was also a suggestion. I'm looking at all of these.

Perhaps. I suppose you could keep trying stuff until the system appears
to work better.

FBt

--
Paul Hovnanian
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you,