Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Questioning faucet install charges

"SteveB" wrote in message

If the labor was $336, yes it sure seems high.

Seems high? That's forcible rape. I can do one of those in an hour if
the old one is hard to take off. And another hour for the shut off valve
even if I have to sweat it on. I'd say $166 an hour is high. I only
charge $80 for what I do.

Steve

What we do not know is if the plumber had run into other problems and how
long the job took. Yes, in most cases it is a couple of hours work, but
there may be circumstances we don't know about. I'll reserve judgment until
I do.

I'd like to see you do the faucet at my MIL's previous house in an hour.