Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Installed a Mitutoyo Digimatic quill kit on my Bridgeport

I installed one on a "Super Max" Bridgeport clone. So nice to have a
digital display, no question on how many revolutions of an indicator, or
how many divisions do I need....

True, a three axis DRO would do just as well, but hang a two axis on the
mill, then use the Quill DRO.

On 2008-03-23, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus21938 wrote:

Looks like a very useful kit. Installation was very straightforward,
I did not realize how similar all Bridgeport heads are. Based on some
first impressions, it is a very accurate device.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/My-B...Quill-Readout/

They are very handy. Have them at work. Someday I'll have one at home.

They are not even very expensive new from dealers. I bought one at a
liquidation, for somewhat less than new price, but even a new price is
totally reasonable ($182 or so).