Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Little boxes made of ticky tacky

Dave wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm fully aware of what screw to use thank you. I used the type you
describe, the pan head that comes as standard with the easi drive fixing.

Just being a touch picky here, but a pan head screw can also be named a
cheese headed screw. Just imagine either a full round of cheese, or a
kitchen pan upside down and both have a screwdriver slot in the top,
then you have a pan head, or a cheese head screw depending on where you
come from.

Round headed screws are as was described, round headed. :-)

Not quite - according to that arbiter of all disgreements and fount of
all knowledge - wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw#Shapes_of_screw_head

The picture there shows a panhead screw as having a chamfered outer
edge. However I freely acknowledge that the naming might have (even
probably has) a regional element.

--
Rod

onset.