Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Power tool specs

On 2008-03-23 13:50:35 +0000, "dennis@home"
said:

"Rod" wrote in message

Many years ago I had a small Bosch circular saw which worked
excellently. Its rating (a few hundred watts) was pathetic compared to
B&D and other makes. The explanation I got (from where I cannot
remember) was that all the rest used plain journals whereas the Bosch
had some form of proper bearing. Not at all sure if that was the case
but it sounded good. :-)

Obviously not true though.. if you really were losing a few hundred
watts in the bearings they would be glowing white after a few seconds.
There may be something in the motor efficiency

There is. The excess energy has to go somewhere. This is why
cheap angle grinders have a lifetime measured in minutes and may catch
fire.