Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I plunged, I auged, now I'll reckon I'll rent a snake

On Mar 22, 4:45�pm, jim wrote:
On Mar 22, 3:04�pm, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:19:13 -0800, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom
wrote:

wrote in message ...
On Mar 21, 11:05�pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Oren wrote in message ...
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:32:47 -0700 (PDT), jim
wrote:

Not meaning to be ignorant but so far all these experts have told
you
all the wrong thing !

Cheri, hallerb and Oren can say the acid works.

Oren won't pull a toilet; until he uses the water test - 5 gallons
forced in rapidly. If it goes down, there's not a clog?

AHR has experts?!

�The muriatic acid solution that was posted here was one of the
better
tips I've ever had, especially since I had spent $300.00 having my
lines snaked not long before that, and the toilet still wasn't
flushing right until I tried that tip.When I saved the instructions,
accidently cut off the part that said who suggested it, because I'd
like to give him credit. You know who you are, but I don't
remember...many thanks to you. Also, this group has been very
helpful
to me, and I appreciate it very much.

Cheri

no thanks necessary but its me bob haller.

I stumbled on to it for a friend who was afraid she needed a new
toilet, its nice to help people.

I also promote rock salt micxed with water to kill tree roots in
sewers. its cheap and works amazingly well.

glad i could help, bob
******
OK, thanks again. I have saved your name now, so when I post that info
I can give you credit.

Cheri

I read Bob's tip here. One day I was going to try it out. I use acid
for my pool and had some handy. My neighbor had a rental property
going on the market, so he asked me to do some handy stuff.

A toilet had a leak at the tank bolt - around the washer. It was a
slow leak. I found it using a paper towel and flushing the toilet a
few times. �BEFORE I could even work one this nasty thing I poured
some acid in the bowl to start a cleaning process :-))

So, I removed the tank for the bolt replacement kit. While I had the
tank off I poured muriatic acid directly in the (throat?) bowl rim.

Allowed that to work; suddenly I look down and see an object. Get my
glasses out, grabbed the needle nose pliers and then pulled a syringe
out of the rim of the bowl. The acid had floated the syringe back
towards the throat and I could see it.

We have hard water, and acid will cut it from the rim holes. Faster
than using a coat hanger

BTW, It was a drug house so I can see how they must have hidden the
needle in the tank and it found it's way into the bowl rim, past the
flapper. A bad flush can then be any object in the tank getting past
the flapper and into the rim.- Hide quoted text -

Did they also tell you Muratic Acid will corrode China and abs pipe so
use carefully , not the best thing to do to often don.t recomend to
people as there is some danger of boil up in the boil if the water you
use is to hot . Also open your window as sulpharic acid fumes will be
produced. Have only used once in 27 yrs of plumbing if you know how to
snake you won't need to.- Hide quoted text -

as i said you put it in wait 15 minutes and flush 15 times, normally
toilet water isnt hot, and i always say open window take deep breathe,
poor get out shut door.

snake cant clean interior sediment..........

acid sounds scary but really it isnt, and no worse than other stuff
like drain cleaner