Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Esther & Fester Bestertester Esther & Fester Bestertester is offline

Default Epoxy

The other thing to consider is the mass of the sensor, the flexibility
of the adhesive and the resulting natural frequency of the sensor
assembly. A massive sensor and/or flexible coupling will result in a
lower frequency and result in attenuation of signals above that point.

The "flexible coupling" provided by the epoxies I've tried is causing issues.

It's been suggested that I try silver-filled epoxy and potting compound.
Dental cement was also a suggestion. I'm looking at all of these.

FBt