David F. Eisan

Default Unisaw quality

Deer Keef,

A Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is
a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is
a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw is a Unisaw.

Umm, no they ain't.

The casting problems you hear about with new Unisaurs (twisted tables) is
due to the casting process Delta's subcontracters use.

My Unisaur was made at the Colander (sp?) foundry in Guelph Ontario, when
Delta Canada used to own a foundry and do *all* their own work.

Both mine and your Unisaws castings are made of Meehanite, the same type of
cast iron Powermatic used up until a few years ago when they also sold their
foundry and started contracting out.

http://www.meehanitemetal.com/

BTW, General Canada is the last ww'ing company who own their own foundry and
use Meehanite castings...

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/