Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown Molly Brown is offline

Default Questioning faucet install charges

On Mar 22, 8:02*am, Steve Kraus
wrote:
Here's Mom's new kitchen faucet:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...un/faucet1.jpg

It's an American Standard. *Existing sink, no change in configuration or
anything. *She needs a new backsplash but I digress. *I bought the faucet
online and Mom called a plumbing company to install it.

Here's underneath:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...un/faucet2.jpg

Previously it was copper all the way up. *No flexes and perviously there
were no shutoffs. *So the new installation included those shutoffs and the
chrome plated lines you see. *Quality of the installation workmanship seems
fine.

Is $482.00 a fair price for this install (including the shutoffs and short
bits of tubing)? *

Parts and labor are not broken out but the invoice says $336.00 for the
faucet installation and $146.00 for the shutoff valve installation. *Was
this fair or did a senior get taken taken to the proverbial cleaners? *I am
aware that skilled labor and a truck and shop filled with parts don't come
cheap but it seems outrageous to me but then maybe I am just out of touch. *

This is suburban Chicago if it matters.

For that price the least he could have done is soldered some MIP X
COPPER adapters.