Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Questioning faucet install charges

I'd a done it for half that. I assume you supplied the fawcett? He
couldn't have been there an hour.

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message

Is $482.00 a fair price for this install (including the shutoffs and short
bits of tubing)?

Parts and labor are not broken out but the invoice says $336.00 for the
faucet installation and $146.00 for the shutoff valve installation. Was
this fair or did a senior get taken taken to the proverbial cleaners? I
am
aware that skilled labor and a truck and shop filled with parts don't come
cheap but it seems outrageous to me but then maybe I am just out of touch.

This is suburban Chicago if it matters.