Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Cannon sights??

Don Young wrote:
You might could just mount a small mirror at 45 degrees to the line of the
sights.

--That's what I'm doing; it works but it looks mighty funky! Some
optics would give me something other than 'tunnel vision' methinks. Right
now I've welded two sections of 1/4" pipe together at a right angle, then
cut the joint at a 45deg angle, exposing the intersection. I put a small
first surface mirror there and had a look and sure enough I can see around
the corner. I suppose that'll do in a pinch; I can even put a couple of
crosshairs out at the end, using a reticle off of something in the shop
inspection kit but it's gonna look ugly and it's going to work ugly too! :-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Dare me to
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : make less sense...