Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
JeffM JeffM is offline

Default Epoxy

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
The strength of the adhesive only becomes important if
the amplitude of the vibration approaches the strength limit of the bond.

This appears to be the sort of problems
that people designing sonar transducers have to deal with.

I saw something on Blue Whales the other day
that mentioned they are the loudest creature.
I looked it up and the figure is 188dB (like being next to a rocket)
....and there is great controversy about SONAR use
because it is thought (due to weird behavior
like healthy-appearing specimens beaching themselves)
that it is so loud that it damages the hearing of whales.