Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Epoxy

Gerald Newton wrote:

On Mar 20, 1:09 pm, Esther & Fester Bestertester
wrote:
See no n.g. for adhesives & epoxies, so if there's a better forum for this,
just point me to it.

I need an epoxy that is strong to the point of brittle. I want no flex; it
has to transmit vibration as close to 100% as possible.

Am I looking for a high Shore Hardness value? That's what Devcon uses in its
data sheets to specify hardness.

Is this something that I can achieve by changing the mix of the 2 parts? If
so, what do I lose if I use more hardener?

Any personal experiences with epoxies that you found to be harder than
others?

Thanks.
FBt

Rubinno cement made by Singer Kearfott in the 70's was used on
guidance systems for the Sram missile, PC3, and A7 navey fighter
jets. It is the best there is.

What exactly was it used for? For securing components in a high
vibration environment, that might damp the vibrations that the OP wants
to transmit.

--
Paul Hovnanian
During the next two hours, the system will be going up and down several