Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kurt vise swivel attachment question

Tom - My Kurt vice sits right one. There are lugs that screw in the bottoms and
they fit the mill table slots. Tram to the jaws and you can move the vise
off-and-on as long as the slots are true and you leave the lugs on.

Before I buy a rotating base - I'd look at one at MSC or some place - kurt site
for a catalog. That might be missing a top plate that fits the vise.

I have a catalog, but it is on a disk among tons of other files.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Tom Gardner wrote:
I have a brand-spankin'-new Kurt D675 vise (no oopses yet) and I needed a way to
do angled slots. I found this swivel base on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/KURT-SWIVEL-BASE...QQcmdZViewItem
BUT...my little brain doesn't see how this fits, it seems like I need some other
part. I confess, I didn't take the vise off of the mill because it's within
half a thou of perfect and somebody's got a job in process. I picked-up a
cheapie 4" swivel vise at the local store for the immediate job and actually,
it's pretty nice! But, I wonder if the attachment for the Kurt would be a good
investment and if I would just leave it on all the time or is there a downside
to that.

Why is it that the better and better your tooling gets, the more complex,
intricate and difficult your designs get...it seems were always on the edge of
the capabilities of out stuff. I'm afraid I'll loose my simplistic thinking.