Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Kurt vise swivel attachment question

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

I have a brand-spankin'-new Kurt D675 vise (no oopses yet) and I needed a way to
do angled slots. I found this swivel base on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/KURT-SWIVEL-BASE...QQcmdZViewItem
BUT...my little brain doesn't see how this fits, it seems like I need some other
part. I confess, I didn't take the vise off of the mill because it's within
half a thou of perfect and somebody's got a job in process. I picked-up a
cheapie 4" swivel vise at the local store for the immediate job and actually,
it's pretty nice! But, I wonder if the attachment for the Kurt would be a good
investment and if I would just leave it on all the time or is there a downside
to that.

That round thing in the center is a pin that fits a hole in the bottom of
your vise. There is a tee slot groove milled around the diameter of the
base that matches up with the tee slot holes in your vise.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller