Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Cannon sights??

On 21 Mar 2008 15:37:44 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Workin' on my biggest hunk of metal at the moment; a little
golfball firing cannon. Trouble is the thing doesn't have sights so I'm
building something similar to something I saw a while back. Basically it's a
3-legged "spider" with a sighting tube on top. By poking the pointy legs
into small depressions on the barrel it becomes a removable, repeatable way
to aim the beastie. Now the problem is that, because what I've got is a
little shy of full scale, I have to get down pretty close to the ground and
crane my neck to look thru the sight; a real pain with a sore back! What I'd
like to do is build something like a telescope sighting scope, with a right
angle viewer so that I need only look down, to look downrange.
--Sooo has anyone got a link to something nice I can build to do
this? The idea is to avoid having the thing look too awful...

http://www.cwartillery.org/chapman.html

http://www.thepirateking.com/histori...nnon_tools.htm

Gunner