Posted to uk.d-i-y
GT[_3_] GT[_3_] is offline

Default Little boxes made of ticky tacky

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Working in a local new build today, houses are springing up all over the
place round here.

Fixed a clock to a wall, single screw, clock had one of those upside down
keyhole slots. Downstairs cloakroom was on the other side of the wall.
Fixed a towel rail to the wall. Tapped the plugs into the holes with the
handle of a screwdriver and the wall shook so badly the bloody clock fell
off! Landed on a settee luckily and was undamaged.

Still in the downstairs cloak, fitting a toilet roll holder. Dropped a
screw, rested my forearm on the lid of the WC to reach down & get it & the
piggin lid cracked in half! As thick as a fag paper. Replaced it like
for like from B&Q for £8.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

It sounds like the screw you used to hold the clock was not the correct
type. It should be one with a round head and flat underside so that it fits
in the slot. The clock shouldn't move if fitted correctly. If the fixing
on the clock was faulty I would be getting in touch with the manufacturer.

Which builder was it that put a house up with a wall so thin it moved if hit
with a screwdriver? It wouldn't pass a building inspection in the condition
you describe.

Which company supplied the bathroom suite? I have never known a toilet seat
lid to crack or break unless a person is extremely obese or they have
"landed" on it, or dropped tools on it. If all houses are built in such an
unacceptable way you should name the builder so we can all avoid them in
future.