Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
TT_Man TT_Man is offline

Default Epoxy

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
obal.net...
See no n.g. for adhesives & epoxies, so if there's a better forum for
this,
just point me to it.

I need an epoxy that is strong to the point of brittle. I want no flex; it
has to transmit vibration as close to 100% as possible.

Am I looking for a high Shore Hardness value? That's what Devcon uses in
its
data sheets to specify hardness.

Is this something that I can achieve by changing the mix of the 2 parts?
If
so, what do I lose if I use more hardener?

Any personal experiences with epoxies that you found to be harder than
others?

Thanks.
FBt

If you can afford it, Araldite 2014. 4-6 hrs grab, 24hr set.It's a grey
paste two part.-