Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Martin John Martin is offline

Default Bond. James Bond.

On Mar 19, 9:57*pm, NoOne N Particular wrote:
Well, maybe not James Bond, but a bonding question. *I have just
completed building new rip fence rails for my table saw and just have
one more thing to do. *I need to attach a rule.

So. *How could I "bond" this steel tape measure to a piece of steel
square tubing keeping the operative word "cheap" in mind?

TIA,

Wayne

P.S. *I have seen a few adhesive back rules made just for this purpose
but so far have not found one that has the measurements laid out in a
way that I like. *Besides they are 9 bucks and up.

Starrett sell a variety of adhesive-backed steel tapes - various
lengths, left to right and right to left, English and metric. Hard to
imagine they wouldn't have what you want. Don't know about the
prices.

John Martin