Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default forklift update, paving question

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:36:57 -0000, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Randy fired this volley in
:

I had that spot done almost 20 years ago, could not afford the whole
thing so I just and a strip from the street to one overhead door done.
Looks like the guy screwed me, he said he put down 2".

Welcome to the fine work of the Gypsy Paving Guild. We have lots of
"two-inch" driveways in this area that won't take the load a kid's
tricycle in hot weather. When the black stuff peels up from the dirt,
it's only a 1/2" scrim.

They ALL say "two inches!"

LLoyd

It is two inches - one inch of stone dust on top of the grass and
one inch of lean sand mix, then compact carefully with a man powered
lawn roller.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada