Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fixings to secure posts into concrete foundations?

John Nagelson wrote:
On Mar 20, 7:45 pm, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

You need Metpost 'ConcreteIns'.
http://www.metpost.co.uk/mp_concrete_in.html

I'm willing to bet that's not what the OP is thinking of
however.

Yes - I need something a little stronger, and bolts should definitely
be involved, rather than just wedging the posts in.

There are two types, the wedge in and the bolt type.

I've seen things that have a galvanised socket or "U" bracket for
the post to sit in which is welded to a galvanised rod that is then

set into theconcretewhich maintains free drainage of water away
from the bottom of the post and keeps it clear of any
groundwater. I keeps the timber relatively dry and I guess
prevents any rot. Dunno what they're called though. ;-(

This any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/85498/...st-Anchor-Base

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman