Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Union productivity..... not!

Hawke wrote in article

"*" wrote in message
news:01c889aa$f0071220$3790c3d8@race...

Hawke wrote in article

And these are the people you put so much faith in as you constantly

whine
about how lazy and incompetent union people are and how bad the

government
is. Looks to me like the people in business aren't any better. So why

is
it
that it's all the time business is so great, business is so great?

From
what
I've seen business and businessmen are so stupid, corrupt, and greedy

that
there is no way they are any improvement over the government or

unions.
Yet
you love them and hate the others. That makes no sense. Oh yeah, I

forgot
you guys are always talking out of both sides of your mouths.

Hawke

I know you won't answer this....you never do, but........

Please explain the difference in greed between YOU wanting to extract

every
cent you can for your labor and a business owner wanting to extract

every
cent he can for his investment of time and money.

Why is the business owner greedy, and YOU are not?

That's simple. It's because the owner believes that his contribution to

the
combined effort it takes to produce a good or service is worth more than

it
really is and that the workers' contribution is worth less than it really
is.

He's invested his own time and, likely, thousands of dollars buying
equipment, setting up facilities, etc.

He pays SS taxes above and beyond what is deducted from your pay.

He often pays property taxes on the facility and equipment.

He often keeps workers on during slow times - paying them from his "excess"
profits - even when they are not producing enough to cover their paychecks.

In SOME industries, YOU carry in a few hundred dollars worth of hand
tools.....but the first hour's worth of pay - less deductions - goes
straight into your pocket.

It really boils down to what's fair. He doesn't want the worker to
receive a fair portion of what the business produces. A worker that is

fair
wants a fair days wage for a honest day's work. A GREEDY owner wants to
exploit the worker by not giving him a fair portion of what the business
earns. He wants to do this so he can keep it all for himself. Take a
business that installs drywall. In the past he hired American workers and
paid the prevailing rate and benefits. Now he hires illegals, pays them

10
bucks and hour cash without benefits, and fires the American workers.

That's
how the greedy guy does it. All he cares about is him getting ahead and

no
one else.

I'm sure, when the union strikes, they are concerned about the business and
how it will survive.....right?

They would NEVER back a business owner's back to the wall in order to gain
- would they?

You talk a lot about "fairness", but the union seems to want to use every
unfair tactic available to it just to squeeze a little more from "the Man".

As I've said before, union shops - including teaching - are the most angry
places I have ever worked.

There are thousands of examples like this. My working for him and
wanting to be treated fairly is different. Selling my labor at fair

market
value isn't exploiting anyone. Greedy owners exploit others' weakness for
his own gain. I'm sure you know of examples of this just as well as I do.
It's not uncommon.

You assume EVERY business owner is greedy.

Yet you give every business owner reason why the union is also greedy?

Name calling isn't the best base for a business relationship.

Walk into my shop and call me a "greedy SOB", and I'll guarantee you will
regret it before everything is all said and done.

Which of your ass cheeks has the union seal tattooed on it, and which ass
cheek has the "libruls rule!" tattoo? (I'm assuming you went to a union
tattoo parlor where spelling is not paramount.)