Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default forklift update, paving question

Well, I borrowed a charger from the local forklift company, by way of
a friend of a friend and it looks like the battery is good. At least
in fair condition, I drove it around for 20 minutes.

However the two times I drove the lift out of the warehouse and onto
the paving I have made big rutts in the blacktop and busted up a nice
spot. Seems I have 1" of BT over top of mud.

So my cheap lift truck is now going to cost me $2800 for 900 sqft of
new paving, 6" stone and 3.5" paving.

How long does the new BT need to sit before you can drive a 9000#
lifttruck on it?

6 years ago I had 80% of the lot paved for 3 grand, now the last 20%
is costing me almost as much. 6 years ago the other spot looked real
good, now it's all cracked plus the rutts where I drove over it.

I had that spot done almost 20 years ago, could not afford the whole
thing so I just and a strip from the street to one overhead door done.
Looks like the guy screwed me, he said he put down 2".

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.