Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default MFI bathrooms (Jacuzzi UK)

On Mar 20, 11:34*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 20/03/2008 11:27 ac1951 wrote:

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics.

You bought from MFI, your contract is with MFI, MFI should sort it out.
If 'Mark two II', or anyone else, need to be involved then MFI should
talk to them, not you.

Statutory rights under the sale of goods act are, indeed, through MFI
but claims under guarantee need to be according to the terms of the
guarantee.

It's perfectly feasible that a guarantee may give redress over and
above that available through the SOGA.

MBQ