Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wood Gas, Lots of metal, but a little OT

Just think, we can pollute the sky even more this way. Seems to me,
we just should start drilling in the Gulf, even in sight of Florida beaches,
On the West Coast shelf and the East coast shelf both of which have been
sold at high expense to the oil companies for a option to drill. And as
in Alaska, the Eco frantics prevented, halted, made existing rigs to be
removed (working ones as a mater of fact).

If science was to put it together with industry that cared, we would be
transforming coal deposits (we are the Saudi of coal to the world) into
fuel cars and trucks can use.

Currently the trucking companies and independents are going belly up
with the high cost of diesel. And all of the big talk of buying a small
moped (pollution big time) and dumping our trucks(required for my job and life).

I'd consider to drive a battery unit if safe enough, able to leap potholes
and not cost me an arm and a leg to charge it.

I think we should buy a solar array with each battery car and have the
solar array to aid and replace what is used.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Dan wrote:
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:26:46 -0500, spaco
wrote:

Is there any interest in wood gas cogeneration of electricity on this
newsgroup? That's where you cook wood and use the combustible part of
the gases to run an internal combustion engine to make electricity.

Is there any ng of this type around?

Pete Stanaitis

Mother Earth News had a Chevy Pickup in the 80's they drove around on
wood gas. They had a 55 gallon drum in the bed for a furnace for fuel.
I don't remember much about it.
Sounds like you might like the magazine and their web site.
Dan

http://www.motherearthnews.com/