Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Paskell Roger Paskell is offline

Default Cleaning solvent

Any autoparts store has cleaning solvents in 2 to 5 gal. buckets for parts
cleaning.
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...vent&VehCode=N
this link is to Napa Auto parts.

Roger

"SteveB" wrote in message
I got some parts I need to clean. I have gas and acetone, and a quart or
so of mineral spirits.

What's a good solvent for cleaning the exterior of carburetors, engine
parts, etc, in a sink or tub with a parts brush that won't eat your brain
out or blow you up? I have heard kerosene. Let me ask the dumb question,
where do you buy kerosene? I would think Ace or Home Depot, as they sell
the kerosene heaters. Is that right? And is kerosene a good cleaner?

Wish I had one of those parts washing sinks (SD?), but I'd use it about
twice a year. Sure are handy, though.

Steve