Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default Wood Gas, Lots of metal, but a little OT but timely

"spaco" wrote in message

Is there any interest in wood gas cogeneration of electricity on this
newsgroup? That's where you cook wood and use the combustible part of
the gases to run an internal combustion engine to make electricity.

Is there any ng of this type around?

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------

I have been thinking about this same thing. My thoughts were to build a
furnace similar to this one and use some of the wood gas to operate a gas or
diesel genset. http://www.greenwoodfurnace.com/ There are some plans on the
internet for wood gas generators. It seems during the last gas scare the
government funded studies on this subject. I have looked at some of the
contraptions that have been built to feed vehicles but to have a wood burner
on the back of your car seems kind of ungainly. It seems compressed wood gas
or an electric car charged by a wood gas fueled genset might be a better
alternative.
Steve