Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Cleaning solvent

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:25:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Didn't the ultrasound shake loose some of the pressed-in brass
orifices? I'd be hard pressed to try that option for that reason.

Not in a little pressure washer carb.

I wondered how a Carter AFB throttle body might possibly fit in an
ultrasound tub. Perhaps if quartered first? g

You could fit four in each ultrasonic bath on this automated cleaning
system I built about 2 years ago. The 10 gallon usonic tanks are on
the right, there are 4 heated rinse baths under the black insulation
on the right.
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/Washer01.jpg
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/Washer02.jpg
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/Washer03.jpg

I wouldn't think the inserts in a carb would be a problem - jewelers
clean rings with stone settings in ultrasonic cleaners.

--
Ned Simmons