Posted to rec.food.cooking,sci.physics,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] monkey_cartman@yahoo.com is offline

Default ice cube madness

mm wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:42:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

I used to always freeze fish in plastic grocery bags and they would go
bad pretty fast. A shame ending a fishes
life by keeping them and not even using them. The carton method isn't
very practical for me, Any ideas for
freezing fish to last at least a month?

Vacuum sealer

Cool, I will look into that. Very disappointing throwing fish or any
food for that matter away.

I know how you feel. I don't like to waste food or anything, but it's
worse to waste meat and fish. They died so we could eat them. We
should do so.

We have a downstairs fridge and I put stuff it in there to thaw it out
and occasionally, rarely but occasionally, I will have this feeling
and go oh, and go downstairs and it's either complete relief or strong
disappointment cause we often buy in bulk.

I would rather just burn the money spent for it rather than throw the
stuff away.

I had one roommate whose father, he told me, worked at a state mental
hospital. He would bring home a lot of spaghetti, butter, 64 oz. cans
of corn, and several other things, all labeled Not for Sale. I think
his father bartered them in return for working on private cars for the
kitchen staff.

It was bad enough that they, he and his girl friend, stole from the
mental hospital, but worse that they let the food rot sometimes. One
64 oz. can of vegetables had about 8 oz. eaten and nothing more and
after long enough, it rotted.

When I get large cans of vegetables that's what were gonna have as
aprt of a couple of dinners, nice big piles,
(I love those canned mixed vegetables) Then it's on for a big pot of
vegetable beef soup\stew.

If anything is left over it's to the freezer.

And it wasn't a prison, the residents weren't even criminals, and they
still stole from them.

If you are talking about the kitchen they stole from?

That creates hassles for the cooks and people who take inventory,
innocent employees being accused of theft and the bottom line.

Prison though, I don't see it matters, if they steal from the kitchen
they still steal from somebody.

I didn't want to fight with them when they were living htere, but
after they left, I wrote them a letter saying more or less what I have
here. I'm sure his parents took even more food for his house than
these two did.

Yea I have seen this stealing and waste also. I've seen managers take
large unopened items then heard "I need another one because I left the
other one open." I say if your gonna steal it at least have some
respect for it. And don't think pretending you are entitled makes that
so, steal it, don't allow your co-workers to see what you are doing,
unless they do it too. Me I really don't want to see it.