Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cleaning solvent

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:37:54 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I got some parts I need to clean. I have gas and acetone, and a quart or so
of mineral spirits.

What's a good solvent for cleaning the exterior of carburetors, engine
parts, etc, in a sink or tub with a parts brush that won't eat your brain
out or blow you up? I have heard kerosene. Let me ask the dumb question,
where do you buy kerosene? I would think Ace or Home Depot, as they sell
the kerosene heaters. Is that right? And is kerosene a good cleaner?

Wish I had one of those parts washing sinks (SD?), but I'd use it about
twice a year. Sure are handy, though.

Steve

Simple Green.

And Id give you 2 washers with pumps and heaters for free if you were
close by.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner