Posted to rec.food.cooking,sci.physics,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] monkey_cartman@yahoo.com is offline

Default ice cube madness

James Silverton wrote:
S. wrote on Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:12:23 -0500:

SB http://www.wonderquest.com/ice-sublime.htm

SB sublimation

SB wrote in message
SB
?? I have a fridge\freezer with an ice maker. The automatic
?? ice maker storage got high and a single ice cube
?? got placed behind the large storage tray, it has sat there
?? for a while, but started getting smaller, now it is almost
?? nothing.
??
?? What causes this cube to get smaller in an environment
?? that appears to stay the same?

As many people have said the cause is sublimation. Have you ever
examined the ice-cube tray after a vacation? It will probably be
quite apparent that the cubes are smaller than when you went
away.

Yea that's true

Guess I haven't used ice trays for a while, I was thinking of making
some juice or maybe root beer cubes when it gets warmer though.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not