Posted to rec.food.cooking,sci.physics,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default ice cube madness

wrote:
I have a fridge\freezer with an ice maker. The automatic ice maker
storage got high and a single ice cube got
placed behind the large storage tray, it has sat there for a while,
but started getting smaller, now it is
almost nothing.

What causes this cube to get smaller in an environment that appears to
stay the same?

You've gotten some good answers. I asked a while back why a glass filled
with ice and water added doesn't overflow when the ice melts if you don't
drink any of the water I can't for the life of me remember the answer
and am too lazy to Google for it. It just seemed a curious thing to me.

Jill