Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Nichols Robert Nichols is offline

Default Some of the best Chinglish I've ever seen....

In article , Jon Elson wrote:
:
:
oug Miller wrote:
:
: Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
: description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
: For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
: leaves the valve stem".
:
:Foliage = leaves? Oh, that's a DEAD giveaway this was a
:computer-generated translation!
:
:Stem = staunch, as in flowing blood, same thing.

Sorry to disagree, but even the dimmest translation program would not
dig so far into uncommon words and usage. IMO, that text was generated
quite deliberately by someone who knew exactly what they were doing.
And, it's having the desired effect -- getting lots of exposure and
causing people to click on the "more info" links.