Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dundonald Dundonald is offline

Default plug ring circuit keeps flicking the fuse switch on fuse board

On Mar 13, 2:13 am, wrote:
Dundonaldwrote:
Just had an extension and new fuse board fitted as a result. One of
the plug rings keeps flicking the fuse switch on the fuse board when
there's a bunch of appliances running off it in the kitchen, the usual
stuff - kettle, washing machine, dryer etc ... I'm gonna talk to the
sparky about this but I'm wondering 1. why this might be happening and
2. if there's a possibility to increase/decrease the tolerance level
before the fuse switch flicks?

Likely you're putting more appliances on one ring or radial than it
can supply, so the mcb's tripping.

Increase tolerance? Put a wire fuse in might help a little, but not a
lot, and theyre inconvenient when they pop. Anything else would
mean some rewiring.

Simplest workaround is not to switch some much power on at once,
but understandably not a popular option.

NT

Sounds great, except the sparky was explicitly told what the plug
sockets will be used for and it's nothing out of the ordinary for the
kitchen - a washing machine, dish washer, dryer, kettle.